Business Improvement Techniques Apprenticeships
There are 27,000 team leaders and supervisors employed in manufacturing engineering in England …
Apprenticeships make them ‘leaner’ and more effective!
The long term profitability and therefore survival of Britain’s manufacturing base is reliant on being able to manufacture value-added products more cost-effectively and with greater quality and productivity than international competition.
Between 1998 and 2007, Gross Value Added productivity (GVA) per employee in the engineering sector saw a significant improvement from £35,100 to £51,500 per employee, an increase of 47%. Similar productivity improvements will be needed in the manufacturing sector to ensure we remain internationally competitive.
Business Improvement Techniques (a level 3 apprenticeship) provides an industry standard programme centred on the proven tools and techniques of lean process and quality improvement activities. It is designed to support continuous improvement by promoting effective team working and developing lean skills across the wider workforce.
Skills gaps in operator occupations will make imperative that there are sufficient numbers of qualified team leaders/ supervisors in operator occupations to lead teams to deliver productivity gains through process improvement.
The level 3 Business Improvement Techniques Apprenticeship is delivered by our high-achieving training partner and is a down-to-earth, hands-on programme designed for:
- Supervisors, team leaders and facilitators in companies that have lean systems in place and are responsible for carrying out business improvement activities
- People who through Continuous Professional Development are being prepared to take on staff responsibilities in a business improvement environment
- Other people involved in the business at all levels who require a more in-depth understanding of business improvement practices. This programme will be essential in ensuring that British companies can compete against strong international competition.
Contact our team for a copy of our detailed, unit by unit, Business Improvement Techniques apprenticeship prospectus.
Our Apprenticeship training includes:
- Recognised qualifications: from Level 2 to Level 6
- Teaching: a fully flexible programme; in general all of our apprentices are taught off the job, in a classroom, with a real teacher.
- Workshops: each apprenticeship is structured around taught workshops that run throughout the year. Your apprentice books into these in advance, but in a pattern that suits you
- Assessment: this is carried out on the job (at your premises) at times that work for you and your apprentice
- Individualised learning: we plan the learning and assessment for your apprentice on an individual basis
- Tracking: you can follow your apprentices progress online, in real time, or by logging in to OneFile (the leading ePortfolio for apprenticeships)
- Progression: apprentices can seamlessly progress to higher level qualifications
- Apprenticeship Levy recovery: we make sure you can recover 100% of your levy or benefit from generous government co-funding
Contact our apprenticeship training team if you would like to find out more about how you can use business improvement techniques to train your staff.