Facilities Services & Management Apprenticeships
166,000 are people employed in facilities management in over 14,900 organisations
52% of companies intend to grow over the next three years – we can help recruit and train your apprentices!
The key aspects of any facilities management role are monitoring facilities, developing relationships with colleagues and other parties, and ensuring that health and safety are maintained. These qualifications are designed for first line managers and supervisors working in the facilities management environment. They support a range of operations including building maintenance, catering, reception and security.
Facilities management involves providing a quality and cost-effective maintenance and care service for a wide range of commercial and public buildings, such as hotels, hospitals, office and shopping complexes and arenas, plus educational or convention centres. Facilities Managers make sure that facilities such as security, catering and cleaning (referred to as ‘soft’ services) and maintenance and building services (referred to as ‘hard’ services) run smoothly, so that customers can manage their businesses efficiently.
Recent surveys show that the Facilities Management sector was optimistic about the future with 52% of companies intending to grow over the next three years, although most expect this to be moderate rather than rapid growth. But we know that the sector faces some issues and our apprenticeships are designed to help with these:
- staffing & training – finding the right staff with the right skills
- retaining skilled staff
- attracting more young people into Facilities Management
- increasing efficiency
- legislation – the need to keep up to date
- knowledge of outsourcing strategies
- enhanced technical and IT skills
- commercial awareness and financial skills in relation to managing budgets and profits
The Facilities Management apprenticeships – ranging from Level 2 to Level 5 will help to address these issues.
Contact our team for a copy of our detailed, unit by unit, Facilities Services and Facilities Managment prospectus.
Our Apprenticeship training includes:
- Recognised qualifications: from Level 2 to Level 5
- Teaching: a fully flexible programme; in general all of our apprentices are taught off the job, in a classroom, with a real teacher.
- Workshops: each apprenticeship is structured around taught workshops that run throughout the year. Your apprentice books into these in advance, but in a pattern that suits you
- Assessment: this is carried out on the job (at your premises) at times that work for you and your apprentice
- Individualised learning: we plan the learning and assessment for your apprentice on an individual basis
- Tracking: you can follow your apprentices progress online, in real time, or by logging in to OneFile (the leading ePortfolio for apprenticeships)
- Progression: apprentices can seamlessly progress to higher level qualifications
- Apprenticeship Levy recovery: we make sure you can recover 100% of your levy or benefit from generous government co-funding
Contact our apprenticeship training team if you would like to find out more about how you can use facilities services and management apprenticeships to train your staff.