Spectator Safety Apprenticeships
Football, Rugby, Tennis, Horse Racing, Motor Racing, Cricket, Athletics & Festivals … they all need stewards
And stewards need qualifications!
Spectator safety apprenticeships are aimed at those individuals looking to enter the industry as a steward or a marshal for large-scale sporting and other events. There is an increasing demand for occupationally-competent stewards due to the popularity of professional sport throughout England, including Football, Rugby, Tennis, Horse Racing, Motor Racing and Cricket, as well as major indoor sports like Ice Hockey and Basketball to name a few.
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Spectator Safety framework is aimed at those individuals looking to enter the sector as a steward or a marshal for large-scale sporting events. And as an employer you’ll need to make sure that your staff are suitably qualified.
We’ve got a great team of very experienced and trained teachers, trainers and assessors working in the spectator safety field.
The need for an increased number of qualified stewards is due to several initiatives in the sector which impact on the design and take up of this framework, including the legacy of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Football Licensing Authority has made it compulsory for all Stewards working at football matches to be qualified to Level 2, all supervisors to Level 3 and all safety officers must be qualified to Level 4. Therefore in football alone, at least 20,000 stewards will require training.
The aim of these apprenticeships is to provide a structured development and progression framework which meets the needs of employers and will also widen recruitment opportunities within this profession of the sport and recreation industry.
Contact our team for a copy of our detailed, unit by unit, Spectator Safety prospectus.
Our Apprenticeship training includes:
- Recognised qualifications: from Level 2 to Level 4
- Teaching: a fully flexible programme; in general all of our apprentices are taught off the job, in a classroom, with a real teacher.
- Workshops: each apprenticeship is structured around taught workshops that run throughout the year. Your apprentice books into these in advance, but in a pattern that suits you
- Assessment: this is carried out on the job (at your premises) at times that work for you and your apprentice
- Individualised learning: we plan the learning and assessment for your apprentice on an individual basis
- Tracking: you can follow your apprentices progress online, in real time, or by logging in to OneFile (the leading ePortfolio for apprenticeships)
- Progression: apprentices can seamlessly progress to higher level qualifications
- Apprenticeship Levy recovery: we make sure you can recover 100% of your levy or benefit from generous government co-funding
Contact our apprenticeship training team if you would like to find out more about how you can use apprenticeships to train your staff.